Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Monday

Thank you to all of you who left me messages and send me e-mails about Misha. They have meant a lot to both myself and my DH. They found a tumor in her tummy when I took her up to the Vet a week and 1/2 ago, and they were 99% sure it was cancer. She wasn't holding any foods down and she couldn't use the littler box. I didn't want her to be in any pain so last Tuesday I took her up to the vets. I still miss her so much. I keep expecting to look into the living room and find her there on the couch.

We are talking about getting another kitten soon maybe even two.

I got around to doing some stitching yesterday. Not as much as I'd like but, it's a start. I would have done some stitching sooner but, I misplaced my magnifying glass and I'm just not able to see the holes in the fabric very well with out them.




I'm working on what will be the pin cushion. I bought a round wood box from the Subderry House a few years ago and this piece will go inside the opening on the top of the box.

While I’m on the topic of using a magnifying glass. I went up to the Thistle Needlework on Saturday DH came with me. I thought I might be able to find a new glass since I couldn't find mine. Either that or just going up there would make mine come out of hiding at the house which it did cause we found it in the front hall closet when we got home. Anyway I have to say, and I've said it before but, I just don’t think I said it on my blog, I really don't care for the owner (not sure if she's the owner but, she's always there) of the Thistle. I went in there on Saturday and asked for a magnifying glass. She directs me to the glasses you wear on your face.. I told her that's not what I’m looking for and she tells me that they don't make a clip on magnifying glass that will fit onto Q-Snaps. I know they do as I have one and I've seen others on line that fill fit but, I didn't want to say anything to her. I just told her I wasn't interested in what she was trying to get me to buy. When we walked out of the store DH looked at me knowing the Lady was wrong. He's like boy she's pushy. You could just tell she only wants you to buy what's in her shop and if she doesn't have it it doesn't exist/you don't need it.


Ok thanks for letting me rant...now back to our regularly scheduled program. :)


I hope everyone has a good week and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

Hi Jenn:

Wow thank you for the really nice comment in my blog!! I am really so sorry about your kitty! I do hope that you can get a kitten as getting a little puppy was the only thing that helped me when I lost 2 of my Shih-tzu's that were both 16 and they passed naturally within 2 weeks of each other a few years ago. It filled my empty spot in my house and in my heart!! I know what you mean about some of the owners of LNS! The store here is really nice but sometimes I get treated like a new kid in school who has to face a bully. Not sure what it is about needlecraft shop owners but we have that problem here too. I love your start on teh pretty sunflowers!! I will enjoy watching your progress!! Debby :)

stitcherw said...

SunFlowers looks like it will be a lovely project, so bright and cheerful. Glad you found the magnifier, I can't believe how difficult some shop owners are. You'd think they would realize that being helpful, nice, and giving good customer service would increase business. However, it doesn't always seem to occur to them, some are so pushy or unhelpful (or worse make it seem like you are bothering them by being there) that it is unbelievable.

It sounds like you made the best and most loving decision for Misha, but I know how hard it is. I had a terrible time when I had to decide to let Sasha go awhile back, even though I knew it was best for her. Misha's out of pain and comfortable now, and smiling down on you. {{hugs}}
Sue

Pumpkin said...

So good to see you blogging again Jenn! Again, I'm SO sorry about Misha :o(

I love the new project you have started. It's going to be lovely and very cheerful :o)

I can certainly understand your rant about the shop. Some are just like that and I have no idea why. It's too bad.

Carol said...

I hear you! The owner of the now closed local LNS that was here used to be like that too - if you didn't find it at her shop, then it does not exist or you don't know what you were talking about...

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh Jenn, I didn't realized she'd died, I just thought you were off visiting somewhere because the date says "March 12." Hugs.

Stitching Cat said...

Jenn, so sorry to read about Misha. I know all too well what you're going through. I can give you a couple of places to look when you're ready to get a new kitten (email me at stitchingcat @ prodigy dot net if you're interested). I also know very well about Thistle! I do most of my shopping online now but it is still not the same as fondling the threads and materials. Hugs to you and your DH on the loss of Misha. Deb

Kate said...

Welcome back! I think getting a kitten or two is a brilliant idea. A house isn't a home without a cat.

Michelle said...

I know what you mean about missing Misha. It's been two and a half months since Hamlet died and I still expect to see him or I think I hear him. It's so hard. New kitties would bring some joy into your house! That stinks about the owner of that shop. I would definitely not give her my business. Glad you found your magnifying glass!!