Sunday, September 24, 2006

Misha and the Fair

Oh well Misha wasn't at the fair but I took this picture of her the other day and I wanted to share it with all of you. What she is sitting on is (one of) my stitching bag. I don't know how comfortable sitting q-snaps can be along with the rest of my stitching stuff but, she seems happy enought. Who needs a dog when you can have a cat guard your stash. :)


We went to the Durham Fair on Saturday. We had a nice time despite the fact that it rained Friday night into Saturday morning. By the time we got there everything had pretty much dryed out. Both of the pieces I entered came in second. I'm happy and not happy about this both at the same time. I was totally supprised that my Harry Potter bear got a second, from what I've entered in the past I thought it would get a third. I was dissapointed that the Christmas Elf Fairy didn't get First but, I'm not complaining.



I have to go out to the fair tonight after work and pick both of them up. I was going to go up last night when the fair closed but, I spent most of the day trying to get rid of a headache. I have no stitching pictures to show because of my headache. I couldn't even think of picking up anything to work on yesterday. Hopefully tonight.

9 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations on the wins. I would just be happy with both :-) I never, never, never expect to win anything (and I never do). They look wonderful.

Mary said...

Congrats on your ribbons at the faire. I think your pieces are first place in my books. As I said before I am very partial with the Harry Potter Bear. Great job. Say Hi to Misha from me and Molly. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the two prizes!
I hope yourheache is over soon.
Love your cat!
Cute, how they always want to sit on "things"... LOL

catandturtle said...

Your sweet kitten is so cute! I love the orange/black/white colors. That is what my Maggie is. With a big ole fish-bellie-white bellie. :D

Congratulations on your awards, that is so awesome!!! I love the Christmas Fairy and the frame you have for it is awesome! Ann.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your wins. I do the enter to win thing too. Your kitty is beautiful.

ollie1976 said...

Congrats on the ribbons!
Kitty is extremely cute.
-Jen

Julie said...

Oh well done you. I dream of winning something in a show with my stitching but we don't seem to have them round here. I do agree though, your Christmas Elf Fairy should have got First!!! x

Karen said...

Hey, Congrats on your ribbons!!! Second place is nothing to sneeze at. Lovely stitching, too. Be proud!

Lana said...

Your fair pieces are beautiful! Congrats on the ribbons! You did a great job!
~Lana~