Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Happy Dance (in the Snow) and a Story



I finished Bun Warmer a little while ago. This has been a WIP/UFO for a year or so, so it felt good to get it finihsed today. I think my next work piece will be St. Paddy's Day Kitty Moon by Stitchy Kitty.

Now here is the story that goes with Bun Warmer. When I moved into my condo my cat Misha was just a kitten and her being home all day by herself she would get into some strange things. I came home from work one day to find this,



So when I found Bun Warmer I knew I had to stitch it. I think I'm going to have Bun Warmer and the picture framed together. Everyone who sees the picture says that I put Misha there but, I didn't. Silly Kitty! :)

I also ordered the Easter Fairy last night. I e-mailed ABCstitch.com about it and they said (but, don't hold them to this) the the fairies should be coming out 1 every few months. I had thought they might do one a year or something like that. So I'm glad to see we will have them all if a fair amount of time. I wonder what is next.

I'm off to see what eles I can work on today. More later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just discovered your blog. I really smiled at your "bun warmer" cross-stitch and photo. I always thought those designs were cute but I really understood and wanted to cross-stitch all of them when I rescued a little black pom-pom of fur that turned into the cat-daughter of satan! She is the spitting image of that cat and is the most mischievous and ornery critter I have ever had! Her name is Lucy-Fur and she is just as cute as she is bratty. Your stitching is wonderful and putting your cross-stitch and picture of your sweet kitten together is a wonderful idea! Robin

Bastet said...

Bun warmer came out wonderfully! When Angel was a kitten, I'd find her in strange places or doing strange things. I'm still trying to figure out how she got into the kleenex box. (it was empty) Cats are strange.

Carol said...

Congratulations on your happy dance :-) It will look great with Misha's photo!

Missy said...

Bun Warmer looks great and framing that with Misha's pic will be so cute! Loved the story.

When are you going to start Easter Fairy? I thought that I read that there would be 4 this year. Still haven't made up my mind.

Missy

Chiara said...

Wonderful work Jenn Well done!! Misha's photo fit perfect with the work!!! It's marvelous!!

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to see your real bun warmer! Framing them together is a great plan!
I'm (of course) very curious about the size of the fabric that goes with the fairy kit, and witch threads, etc. Can't wait to learn more about this...