Saturday, January 14, 2006

Glad the week is over

I wasn't feeling good towards the end of last week. Last Saturday what ever I had turned into a cold and I felt worse and worse all weekend. I ended up not going to work till Thursday this week. Boy I never get sick and when I do it hits me hard. :(
It was one of those 'I feel so sick I can't even get my mind around stitching' sicks. Which totally sucked cause with 3 days home from work I could have gotten a lot done! LOL.

I'm going to try and stitch a little this afternoon. I'm going out tonight to see the Uconn Lady Huskies play St. John's. Unfortunatlly it's at the same time as the Patriots game but, we should be out of the basketball by 9ish in time to catch most of the game.

I'm not sure what I feel like stitching this weekend. I think I want to work on Celtic Summer some more. I have a question for those of you who are stitching her. I see a lot of you have used the gold floss to do the skirts on the Celitc Ladies. I always thought you should wait and use that floss last. I always though you should do it last just before you did any beading. Is it hard to continue to work on the piece onece you've used it? MMmmmmm If I could use the gold floss I could get a good bit of her done. :)

5 comments:

Bastet said...

Glad to hear that your feeling better Jenn!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, happy to hear from you!
Juul:o)

Anne S said...

Sorry to hear about another stitching blogger going down with bugs - hope you perk up quickly :) As for stitching the metallics first, I don't think it really matters - some people don't like to launder with beads and metallics on ... I do everything except non-washables like over-dyeds etc and iron with a towel under it, and much prefer to stitch everything as I go along (but then I'm impatient to see what all the 'fun' bits will look like!) :)

Carol said...

Hi Jenn - the gold is soooo easy - no problems working with it or after it :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog (www.pinkpurls.com). I just read your blog for the first time and it's awesome! Your needlework is just beautiful!!! I wish I had that skill...just lovely.