Well I did it. I started Firefly Fairies tonight. I've only done a few stitches in it but, it feels good to be working on it. I've loved this piece for a long time. When ever I look at it it reminds me of the Fairy Godmothers in Sleeping Beauty. :)
Here is what this piece will look at when finished.
I found this on Amy's blog.
1. How old were you when you started cross stitching? 15
2. Who taught you to cross stitch?
Well I did an angel orniment in Home Ec. in 9th grade but, it wasn't really cross stitch. I taught myself to cross stitch.
3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?
I wanted to do some type of hobby. I tried knitting but, it just wasn't for me so I went to see what else there was and found cross stitch.
4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?
I'd have to say Girl with a Pearl Earring. It's not even close to being finished. :(
5. Do you have friends that stitch?
I have a lot of online friends that stitch but, I don't have any one who lives close by that I know who stitches.
6. What is your favorite stitched piece?
My Teddy in a Wagon piece. It was part of a larger piece I did for a Round Robin.
7. What is your favorite fabric?
28 count Lugana
8. What is your favorite fiber?
Probably wither Weeks or GAST
9. What is your favorite needle?
I don't have a favorite needle size. I'll use what ever I can find.
10. Do you prefer black & white or colored charts?
Either. As long as I like the pattern I don't care what the chart looks like.
11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?
I'd say about 10 - 15
12. How many UFOs do you have at this time?
I only have about 3 pieces that I would consider UFO's.
13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?
More than I can count.
14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?
To many to count! They take up a whole 3 draw rolling cart.
15. Where is your favorite place to stitch?
On the count in front of the TV.
16. What is your favorite time of day to stitch?
17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?
I'd say with Round Robins well over 100.
18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?
I do but, usually only to family as others (unless they are fellow stitchers) don't seem to appreciate or understand what goes into a piece.
19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?
I have DMC, Anchor, Seaside Treasures, Weeks, GAST.
20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?
21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll framesÃƒÂ‚â€¦etc)?
I have a few hoops and 5 set's of Q-Snaps. I have a set that can be made into 3 differnt size scroll frames but, I don't like them.
22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or finished off in
I'd say about 1/2 of what I've stitched (that's not counting Round Robins).
23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?
24. Why do you stitch?
It relaxes me. I can't just sit and watch TV with out having something to stitch. MY DH says he knows all is right with the world when he can find me sitting on the couch stitching. :)
25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?
Going to Celebration of Needlwork this year and last year and getting to hang out with other stitchers.