Friday, December 1, 2006

SBQ November 16 & 29

We are in our new house. Not quite setteled yet but we are getting there. :) I hope to have some pictures to share soon but, I'm still waiting for the scanner to be hooked up to the computer and to find the camera for the digital camera.

In the mean time I thought I'd answer the last 2 SBQ

Today's SBQ is:Do you stitch Christmas ornaments? If so, how many do you stitch eachyear and for whom? If not, why not?

No I don't stitch Christmas ornaments. The main reason I don't stitch them is because I really have no idea of how to finsh them into ornaments.

Today's SBQ is:How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one? Specifically,do you or have you ever used a waste knot?

I usually run the tail end of my thread under a few stitches to hold it in place then cut off some of the excess. I've never used a waste knot.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting into your new home. We secure our threads the same way.

Anonymous said...

HURRAY, You have moved!
Congratulations! :o)

* gives a nice virtual bouquet of flowers for the new house *

:o)

When I stitch with one thread I also run the tail end of my thread under a few stitches.
When I stitch with two (not overdyed) threads I use a loop start.
And I have stitched my first few Chr. ornaments this year, finally!
Yeh,... the finishing is not funny... LOL

Hurray for your and your DH new house!
Confetti!
:o)

Mary said...

Congrats to you and Paul on your new house!!! I can't wait to see the pictures.