Thursday, September 7, 2006

It's not much but....



This is my first 10x10 square of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I know it's not much and I have a LONGGGGGGGGG way to go but, I was so happy to work on the square today and get it down.

It's my first HAED and I'm so excited to be doing it. I have a bunch of others I want to start now too but, I'm going to be good and stick to just this one for a while. I've wanted to do a HAED for a while but, have just been nervous about doing one. My DH said to me the other day. 'well if you think it would be to difficult. Don't do it.' I never think anything is to difficult or hard to stitch. I know I can stitch anything that is put in front of me. It's just a matter of wanting to do it. I mean if a pattern doesn't appeal to you why bother doing it!?! Right. :)

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Great start Jenn, and hubby's they just don't get it sometimes ;o)

Chiara said...

Hi Jenn,
well begun is half done :o)
You have choosen a very great and marvelous chart!!! I'm itching to see your progress :o)
cheers

Shelleen said...

great start and I love that chart. Gorgeous!

Sue said...

Congrats on getting the courage to start an HAED. I want to do one someday too. I already have it picked out (but have not bought it). I look forward to watching your progress and comments on how it's coming along.

Michelle said...

Great start on your HAED. I am a little intimidated by starting one, but all it takes is that first leap! Can't wait to see more! Your stitches look so neat and pretty!

catandturtle said...

You go girl!!!

:D I can't wait to see more of this; it is such a cool design. I am glad you are back stitching again. Ann.

Carol said...

A start is a start :-) I might work on Mermaid Heaven tomorrow (Sunday) during the Pats game... wanna join me?

Mary said...

Hi Jenn!
Congrats on starting the HAED. I can't wait to watch the progress of Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

Mary said...

Oh yeah! I love your new Yahoo Avatar!!!

Lana said...

Nice start...a big project liek that is intimidating at first, but it is exciting to see the progress!
~Lana~

Karen said...

I love this design! Can't wait to see more. Great start!!

AnneS said...

Congrats on starting your first HAED design ... personally I'd be ripping my hair out with all that over-one, but I adore seeing someone else stitching them :)